ELMEC INFORMATICA 70KM
70 km – 4200 meters of height gain
7% asphalted ground, 25% dirt ground, 68% pathway
With this race you can qualify for UTMB and Lavaredo 2020 (3 points)
DESCRIPTION OF THE ITINERARY
The race was valid for two years for the title of ITALIAN CHAMPIONSHIP in 2017 and 2018. In 2019 it returns with 5 km more that will take you to see even more beautiful landscapes!
The trail starts from the Lido di Gavirate (on the lake Varese) and develops among woods of beeches, chestnut trees, tilia and maples. While climbing towards the mountains there are plenty of panoramic points: mount S.Francesco, the funicular railway, the Sacro Monte chapels, Rasa, Pian Valdes, Mount Chiusurella, Martica, San Bernardo, Mount Poncione, the Ghirla Lake, Mount Mondonico, Passo delle Pizzelle, Mount Tre Croci and Punta di Mezzo. The trail develops counter-clockwise giving back to the lake. Summing up, this is a complete trail where the runner will be able to compete while admiring some breathtaking views.
MAP OF THE ITINERARY
3D VIDEO OF THE ITINERARY
- Velate refreshment point (km 9, liquid) (#)
- Rasa refreshment point (km 18, solids and liquids) (#)
- Montallegro refreshment point (km 28, liquids and solids)
- Ganna refreshment point (km 36, liquids and solids) (#)
- Mondonico refreshment points (km 44, liquids)
- Brinzio refreshment point (km 48, liquids and solids) (#)
- Pensione Irma refreshment point (km 52, liquids and solids) (#)
- Forte di Orino (km 56, liquid and solids)
- Pian Caddé refreshment point (km 60, liquids)
- Lido di Gavirate refreshment point, arriving point (km 70, liquids and solids)
There will be some points where those who give the race up can be taken up and brought back to the starting point with a bus. Those point have been previously indicated with “(#)” adding Valganna.
Timetables could be changed due future examination of the path. Do you want to help us? Sign up as a volunteer: HERE