65 km – 4100 meters of height gain
7% asphalted ground, 25% dirt ground, 68% pathway
With this race you can qualify for UTMB and Lavaredo 2019 (4 points)
DESCRIPTION OF THE ITINERARY
This race will be valid for the assignment of the title of Italian champion of long trail running Fidal for the year 2018.
The trail starts from the Lido di Gavirate (on the lake Varese) and develops among woods of beeches, chestnut trees, tilia and maples. While climbing towards the mountains there are plenty of panoramic points: mount S.Francesco, the funicular railway, the Sacro Monte chapels, Rasa, Pian Valdes, Mount Chiusurella, Martica, San Bernardo, Mount Poncione, the Ghirla Lake, Mount Mondonico, Passo delle Pizzelle, Mount Tre Croci and Punta di Mezzo. The trail develops counter-clockwise giving back to the lake. Summing up, this is a complete trail where the runner will be able to compete while admiring some breathtaking views.
People who own a Fidal card or Runcard can participate. If you don’t own a Fidal card you can take part anyway: in fact we’ll give to you a Runcard Mountain and Trail as a gift, which will be valid for 12 months.
People who participate with a Runcard or Runcard Mountain and Trail and who don’t own a Fidal card won’t be eligible for the Fidal ranking, but will be included in the general ranking and can be rewarded as such.
MAP OF THE ITINERARY
3D VIDEO OF THE ITINERARY
- Velate refreshment point (km 9, liquid) (#)
- Rasa refreshment point (km 18, solids and liquids) (#)
- Montallegro refreshment point (km 28, liquids and solids)
- Ganna refreshment point (km 36, liquids and solids) (#)
- Mondonico refreshment points (km 44, liquids)
- Brinzio refreshment point (km 48, liquids and solids) (#)
- Pensione Irma refreshment point (km 52, liquids and solids) (#)
- Forte di Orino (km 56, liquid and solids)
- Pian Caddé refreshment point (km 60, liquids)
- Lido di Gavirate refreshment point, arriving point (km 64, liquids and solids)
There will be some points where those who give the race up can be taken up and brought back to the starting point with a bus. Those point have been previously indicated with “(#)” adding Valganna.
Timetables could be changed due future examination of the path. Do you want to help us? Sign up as a volunteer: HERE