45 km – 2200 meters of height gain
5% asphalted ground, 40% dirt ground, 55% pathway
With this race you can qualify for the UTMB 2018 (3 points)
DESCRIPTION OF THE ITINERARY
The most loved race of the year 2016 has been revised and improved and new views have been added!
The trail starts once again from the Lake Varese and develops counter-clockwise. First the path climbs towards the mountains among some spectacular views: Mount S. Francesco, the funicular railway, the Sacro Monte with its chapels, Rasa, Mount Chiusurella and Martica, Passo delle Pizzelle, Scala del Cielo (symbol of the 2017 CFT), Mount Tre Croci, Punta di Mezzo, Forte di Orino and then a glide towards the lake.
Summing up, this is a trail where the runner will be able to compete while admiring some breathtaking views.
MAP OF THE ITINERARY
3D VIDEO OF THE ITINERARY
- Velate refreshment point (km 10, liquid) (#)
- Rasa refreshment point (km 20, solids and liquids) (#)
- Brinzio refreshment point (km 27, liquids and solids) (#)
- Pensione Irma refreshment point (km 32, liquids and solids)
- Pian Caddé refreshment point (km 38.5, liquids)
- Lido di Gavirate refreshment point, arriving point (km 45, liquids and solids)
There will be places destined to getting those who give the race up.
Timetables could be changed due future examination of the path. Do you want to help us? Sign up as a volunteer: HERE